| Masala Idli Recipe |
Masala Idli Recipe- Spicy Masala Tawa Idli can be a very addictive recipe for everyone. Masala Idli is an easy recipe suitable for both breakfast and snacks. I am sure most south Indian homes will have leftover idlis and you can easily transform these idlis into a mouth watering starter dish. This is one of my favorite ways to serve masala idli.
Idli is a traditional breakfast in South Indian households. It is a savoury cake that is popular throughout India and neighboring countries like Sri Lanka. The cakes are usually four to five inches in diameter and are made by steaming a batter consisting of urad dal and rice or Suji(rawa) for its instant idli version.
Bell pepper- 1 medium pc
Onion- 1 medium pc
Tomato-1 medium pc
Soya sauce-1 tea spoon
Tomato ketchup-1 tea spoon
Red chilly Ketchup -1 tea spoon
Mustard seeds-1 tea spoon
Curry leaves-10 to 12 pc
Mustard Oil-2 table spoon
- Cut leftover steamed idlis (dal idli / rava idli) into two halves or also you can cut it in four pieces.
- Wash and cut all the vegetables(onion, cabbage, capsicum, tomato) into thin long slices and keep a side for later use.
- Heat a spoon of oil in an open pan. Add mustard seeds to the pan and let it crack. Then add curry leaves and cook for a while.
- Now add onion slices to the pan and cook for a while at low flame till it turns light pink in colour.
- Add all other vegetables and cook until they get slightly soft and light in colour.
- Add soya sauce, ketchup and red chilli chutney to the cooked veggies. Stir well to mix all the ingredients.
- Add steamed idli pieces to the pan and mix generously at high flame for a minute.
- Close the flame and serve hot or pack in a tiffin.